Being a Disability Confident Employer demonstrates the Group’s commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive workplace for all, contributing to a positive culture across the entire organisation.
Specifically, being a Disability Confident Employer supports us to:
- Ensure staff recruitment processes are inclusive and accessible.
- Communicate and promote vacancies to encourage applications from disabled people.
- Offer an interview to disabled people if they meet the minimum requirements for the job.
- Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required.
- Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health condition, to stay in work.
As part of Together Housing Group’s commitment to being an equal, diverse and inclusive workplace and employer, the company has achieved a national standard Level 2 certificate.
In continuing its Disability Confident journey, the social housing provider is ensuring that disabled people also have opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
Kasira Ahmed, Diversity and Inclusion Business Partner for Together Housing Group said: “As an employer, we recognise that we have a moral and legal responsibility to promote equality and diversity for our staff and our residents.
“It’s important our staff and residents get fair and equal treatment at all levels regardless of their protected characteristics. We’re proud to have received this registration for a further three years and will continue to strive for equality and inclusion in our workplace.”