The funding will see initiatives reach more diverse communities and support cultural cohesion across the region.
Pine Court provides circa 550 affordable homes across the region and works closely with partner organisations through its Community Development Fund to forge a better future for communities.
Its latest round of funding includes grants to;
- Pagoda Arts who will help more local people overcome language barriers through support sessions, English classes, Tai Chi, wellbeing workshops and as a hate crime reporting centre.
- Chinese Wellbeing to deliver a ‘Healthy Ageing’ initiative, with ten sessions designed for older people that will reduce depression whilst improving cognitive function, physical health and ability to undertake daily activities.
- Liverpool Chinese Business Association, which in partnership with Culture Liverpool, will bring an explosion of colour to Liverpool City Centre through the delivery of their annual Chinese New Year celebration.
- Wirral Chinese Cultural Association supporting residents through its cultural celebration events such as the Lunar New Year and New Moon Festival, plus a tour around Wirral to exhibit the peninsula’s sights to aid cultural cohesion.
- Chung Hok House Residents Association who will deliver a series of events to improve the health and wellbeing of residents, including day trips, celebration events and classes for exercise and arts.
Di Burbridge, Chinese Wellbeing’s Service Development Manager, said: “We are very grateful for Pine Court’s support and look forward to working together to make our community healthier and more active.”
Pine Court is part of The Sovini Group, an integrated supply chain solution for the housing sector, that generated £48.8 million in social value during 2022/23.
Its fund supports hundreds of local beneficiaries each year and was established to enable community and voluntary organisations to create opportunities and change lives.
David Brown, Director at Pine Court said: “We are honoured to work closely with our partners to create safer, more inclusive, healthier communities and look forward to seeing the positive impact these wonderful initiatives have, as we strive towards creating a better future together.”
A total of £10,000 is available each year for voluntary and community groups through Pine Court’s fund and applications can be submitted at any time throughout the year.
To learn more about the fund, eligibility and how to apply for a grant, please visit pinecourt-housing.org.uk.